Friday, March 1, 2013

Heading to the West Coast for a Vatican Council II Symposium


Some time ago, I accepted to take part in a Conference on the Second Vatican Council and the New Evangelization.  I am looking forward to my time at St. Mark's College (I regularly celebrated Mass there and joined in conversation with the Basilian Fathers, who directed the College then, in July of 1985 when I taught a summer session at the nearby Vancouver School of Theology.

I am looking forward to visiting with Jesuits who are on the staff of the College and assist with the nearby university parish chaplaincy, to connecting with Archbishop Michael Miller, CSB, as well as to a visit with my cousin Margie, who is a life-long resident of Vancouver and her husband Rob, who is a transplanted Montrealer.

A missed connection in Toronto, due to a lengthy de-icing session at the Ottawa airport, meant a much later after-midnight arrival in Vancouver and so an odd-hour posting for this blog.

* * * * * *
COLLECT OF THE FRIDAY
IN THE 2ND WEEK OF LENT

Grant, we pray, almighty God, that, purifying us by the sacred practice of penance, you may lead us in sincerity of heart to attain the holy things to come. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment